Thursday, April 8, 2010

Time For Go-Go Juice! - Where's Your Inspiration?

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
But if I had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
To say thay for destruction ice
Is also great And would suffice.

- By Robert Frost

Good Morning. How is your Go-Go Juice brewing this morning? You know, I love to write. And, there are so many authors out there whose creative minds empowering people with so much inspiration and motivation. I am a fond admirer of Robert Frost, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Emily Dickenson and Edgar Allan Poe to name but a few. When I had noticed my children studying the poem above by Robert Frost with less enthusiasm than I would have liked, it dawned on me to wonder in our modern hustle and bustle of life, has our society strayed away from the wondrous thoughts and ideas of our history’s past. There was once a quality of life, where morals and ethics were strong in not just adults but our youth. Yet today, I see teenagers and young adults alike show less and less interest in idyllic philosophies. So many are running around meeting agendas, competing for the best popularity, racing to make points and see who’s more impressive by behavior and looks. That or they’re heads are stuck between two mini ear buds blaring music that whisks them away from realities while they sprain finger tips to see how many text messages they can send out in a day. Very few stop to smell the roses anymore. How can one understand the depth and meaning within a rose by its mere color and shape? And is there time anymore in our hurried lifestyles to ponder such meanings anyway? I would like to believe there is. For what will life have meant if only to have delivered and served without feeling its contours or tasting its flavors? Here is your challenge today and maybe for the rest of the week – while you go to work and do what you do, take a step back and take a taste of your result. Sample your product or service to enjoy its pleasures, to understand what your consumers are getting and see if it doesn’t inspire you to try something different or add spices to make it better. If not at work, try it at the park. Don’t just walk your dog for exercise and so he/she can do his/her duty; but, breathe in the air, look at the trees and take in the multiple colors of nature. It is springtime and nature has so much to offer in contours, aromas, and is richly bountiful with inspiration. Keep that Go-Go Juice brewing so your mind stays fresh, your body invigorated and your spirit stimulated. I’m heading for another refill! Have a truly inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment