Friday, April 9, 2010

Time For Go-Go Juice! - The End of 12-Years is Near!

Hey – we made it! It’s FRIDAY!!! Nearing the end of the day from another long exhausting week – thank heavens for our Go-Go Juice as it keeps us going each and every day. Tomorrow, being Saturday – you know I posted how I love to sleep in on Saturdays? Well, not tomorrow – Cassy gets her Prom dress tomorrow! It’s already that time. Good Grief! Now time is going to fly! Her last day in school is May 26th and graduates June 6th! Wow…where has the time gone? I still remember her in pigtails and jumping up and down to ride the school bus back in 2nd grade. The world will be her oyster now. She has extreme talent in arts and design. I once thought she was going to become a fashion designer as she’s been creating her own dresses and outfits since younger than 5 years old – on the computer even. She’s amazing with her unique ideas. Then, a couple years ago, she got interested in architecture, where she swore she was going to get into interior design. I had her help me with some ideas with my last hotel. However, this year, you know what she said? She now has interest in becoming a teacher for kids under age 10. She explained that she loves kids – I have to admit she’s wonderful with her baby sister Melissa and she’s been doing some babysitting lately, but I wonder where she got her inspiration. I have a feeling she may be changing her desires a few more times. She’s heard our analogies of how people get college degrees then get into careers that have nothing to do with the degrees or academics they studied for. How many of you can say the same? That’s the tough thing when choosing a college or area of study. So many young teens choose so early in life – not to say it’s bad, but so many don’t have practical knowledge or hands on experience to truly decide what they want to be when they grow up? But then, how many of us reach 40 and still don’t! LOL. I’ve encouraged her to just get started no matter what – so many basic classes can get behind her so she can excel later when she’s ready. But for now, I know she’s not thinking classes. She’s thinking freedom…freedom to choose, freedom from 12 years of homework, studies and reaching for top grades as best as she can. She’s looking to find herself where she can make her mark in this world. And I know she can’t wait ‘till she can say to her siblings, “Ha, you have to go to school, but I don’t!” Plus she’s also stated she’s looking forward to getting employed. She worked in my hotel part time and enjoyed having a bank account and going shopping. What teenager doesn’t? Life is good! The employed part? I don’t know. As bad as the economy is, I would think (or at least hope) that kids fresh out of school are easier to get an entry level job (as someone starting fresh with no experience) than those of us who’ve been around the block a few times. So, here’s to you Cassy – just 34 more days of school! My baby…where’s the tissue? Top off your Go-Go Juice and have a great Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment