Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Time For Go-Go Juice! - Are Your Wheels Spinning?

Hey – is it Friday yet? Ok, it’s at least at the “hump” of the week - Wednesday. Good grief! It’s just been a crazy couple days. I think I oops’d yesterday and not only missed our morning chat, but forgot to put some oomph in my Go-Go juice! I’m still feeling the effect this morning. I just can’t seem to get the steam rollin’. Ever had one of those days? The nature of my cold continues to linger and has become a well wrapped gift to others. My bad. However, somehow, even when we’re dragged down into the pits we manage to find a spark of energy to keep lighting those candles of motivation. However, I should have lit a candle before day light yesterday because it became a morning where I should have just turned over and had just gone back to sleep. Yesterday, I tried to drive my car out first thing in the morning to run a quick errand and instead, from Ohio’s lovely weather patterns of rain, I discovered my yard had become nothing more than a muddy marsh. My tires got stuck in the mud causing me to spin my wheels relentlessly no matter which direction I turned. Forward, backward - side to side, the car just would not budge. Still barely awake – the candle began to flicker as four of us (and the help of a thick board) had somehow finally caused the car to move an inch and she suddenly flew a mile backwards out of a muddy disaster. Sadly, the rest of the day seemed to mimic the same. No matter what terrain I drove, tires would get stuck and I’d be seeing my wheels spin again. There is nothing more frustrating than spinning your wheels – and it seems to get worse when the terrain drives through the heads of teenagers. That’s right – you know the type…kids who are 15 going 30, who’ve become omniscient, rebellious, opinionated, who speak more with their hands flying through the air than Lewis Black on a good night. As a mom, I’ve become a spectator watching the comical routine more and more between my husband and my son. What is it with guys? It seems to me that men and their boys have a unique relationship. They’re like rams with huge horns on their heads, always butting each other like they’re in some competition, proving to one another who’s bigger, better, smarter; then my wheels spin wondering who’s the kid and who’s the adult. And if that’s not mind boggling, after emotions have flared and the two peacocks have yanked each other’s feathers out, the two cocky fouls are later found joking around as if nothing had happened and they’re now the best of buds of all times. I just roll my eyes, sigh and say, “Whatever”. I guess, boys will be boys and men will be men. And somehow in that statement, men are boys and boys are men – they are one of the same. This is where I stop worrying about the wheels spinning and just get out letting them figure out how to maneuver around. And you know what’s really funny – is after is all said and done, they’re still going to turn to me as a female and ask me for directions. Fill your Go-Go Juice with sweetness and goodness and lots of patients, this way if your wheels get stuck, you’ll still get through the day. Have an amazingly good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment