Friday, March 12, 2010

Time For Go-Go Juice! - Be A Man of Value!

Well, another day is here – it’s 1:52 in the afternoon and I’m Go-Go Juicing with a chocolate/banana shake. Quite a busy morning – sorry we missed each other, however, I didn’t want the day to go by without saying, “Hello”. I do want to share a quote with you I found this morning that left me pondering … “Try not to be a man of success, but a man of value”, by Albert Einstein. We all know that success is determined by the methods in which we measure success. I think that in the quote, it refers to achieving success that has an added value. I went to bed last night (more like two in the morning) believing what I would determine as having had an unsuccessful day. Like a good sales person as I train my own sales people, at the end of a day, did you close a deal? If not, you did not achieve success, if you did – kudos. I did not close a deal yesterday on any topic worth mentioning leaving me feel empty and unmotivated. In terms of self reflection, my view may be a bit short sighted. When I pondered the quote, I reflected on yesterday’s activities…did I create value in my actions that could lead to a close or yet achieve some reward that I did not see? Then it hit me: I had received a call from a former colleague with genuine thanks for all my effort in helping her with her project. It was really nothing – in my mind. I gave advice, typed up some ideas and made a few phone calls on her behalf. Now folks, I’m results driven and I have yet to find out her results which would normally tell me whether my actions for her did any good. However, the tone in her voice was like rays of sun shine beaming out of the phone. Her spirits were up, she had built up more confidence in her goals and explained how relieved she was in the progress we accomplished, and hence, I discovered value. I made a positive impact, motivated and brought relief to someone who will no doubt remember my actions as a good one. No doubt we all seek value, as business owners, executives, managers and of course as consumers. So, here’s my message for the day, “live valuably”. In that, you will achieve success. Enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment