Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Time For Go-Go Juice! - People Want to be Unemployed?

Good Morning…got you’re cup of coffee? Well, at this time of day, it’s funny that I’m still working on mine. Most of you are starting Ice Tea or Propel for the afternoon. I can’t believe it’s already 11:30am. The morning started out a bit hectic in juggling the kid’s different class schedules. What’s a mom gonna’ do? I know, pick a bone with a political figure…former House Majority Leader, Tom Delay. I think Mr. Delay needs some Go-Go Juice to stimulate and wake up those brain cells of his. Why? In a recent interview as published on the Huffington Post News, he stated that the unemployed Americans “wanted to be unemployed” referring to those of us job seekers as unmotivated to seek employment while we continue to reel in the big dough generated from Unemployment Benefits. Ok…so I’m looking around to see who he’s actually talking about? I don’t recall making enough on UC benefits that made our family a nest egg, let alone cover our living costs. Second, I’d like to know what jobs or companies he believes are just dishing out jobs left and right to available workers. In the last year, I’ve applied to well over 350 companies for numerous openings or just inquiries for a possible opening and am still looking. I have met with countless individual’s also job seeking who have endured the same challenges of getting an offer. Most companies have gone as far as to post an opening, but 1-2 months later rescind the opening to wait out the storm from the lost revenues generated by the bad economy. I myself have not only applied to jobs at my level of experience, but I’ve even dummied down to hopefully “just get a job” by applying to McDonalds, grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations…the list my friends goes on. I am building new relations on Linked In and am now receiving people’s resumes from all over the country as we network together in effort to get employed. My UC benefits ran out – a lot of people’s have. The extensions have been for most people a savior. Let me explain our economy in laymen terms: The economy crashed, companies lost revenue, people lost jobs, people couldn’t replace jobs, people lost their livelihoods, what little income if any enters an unemployed workers pocket has not been enough to ring cash registers so companies remain negatively affected, no new jobs or companies have been created – everyone is suffering – therefore when one can’t pay all the bills for living expenses and basic needs, one turns to civic and community organizations for funding until they get waned, causing a high demand of funding requests on other entities such as churches, clubs and other organizations, but they become waned leaving nothing left but to turn to our federal and state programs for which we all have heavily invested into or we get entrepreneurial in hopes someone still has money to burn to buy whatever it is we sell. Get my drift? No doubt depression has set in for many unemployed Americans. Who out there even has the stamina anymore to apply for jobs that when they do become available – are eaten up quickly from the now extremely fierce competition to draw a paycheck? I’ll tell you…the American Spirit is still thriving in thousands of unemployed people – many of us have not given up the fight! So in the end, someone get Tom some Go-Go Juice and help him see the light. Write him, call him, do whatever you can to help him as well as those who agree in his thoughts to truly understand what we’re going through. You may visit the Huffington Post and the interview I’ve referred to by coping and pasting this link at: http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20100307/cm_huffpost/489050 With that, I bid you a good day – I think it’s time I grab an Ice Tea. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment