Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Time For Go-Go Juice! - Sniffles and Feeling Blah-ogged!

Achew!...Achew! Sniffle – aaaw! (cough). Well good morning – I think. Sorry, I have to start off my Go-Go Juice with a shot of Dayquil this morning. Stuffy head, congestion and just feeling quite blah! Yep, my kids gave me the kooties! I hate kooties. They’re like the all time favorite holiday Fruit Loaf – the gift that keeps on giving. But man, Folgers make a great cup of hot steamy coffee…great on the throat. Well, it’s been a week since I started this blog and I am tremendously blessed to see I have 5 followers and that the site was shared twice in Facebook. Some people have even told me they’ve booked marked me. Thank you to all who stop by to visit. While I find this interesting and fun, I wonder, who came up with the word “blog”. Wikipedia (another funny word) states that “blog” is short for “web log”, hence blog: A means to write or communicate as you would in a log (or journal). It’s interesting to see how many people write and read blogs. According to Blogcount.com, they report that 30% of Americans read blogs (over 91 million people) – and that, my friends, does not account for any other countries. Heck, Microsoft recently announced that 4.5 million weblog spaces were recently created through MSN alone. Now, that makes a newbie feel pretty puny. I say that and chuckle at the same time. When there is so much out there in the Netherworld, I can see how drawing traffic to one’s blog can be quite a challenge. I’ve been told to use RSS feeds, however, I’ve not quite figured them out yet. I’m used to RFPs – which has nothing to do with RSS feeds – however, I would love to figure out how to incorporate RSS feeds into a hotel market strategy. If these feeds are so good at directing traffic to targeted products, could the same method apply to physical entities? I think I need more Dayquil for that one. Do drink and eat up your vitamins – this “cold” is getting the best of everyone. Do what you can to avoid the kooties and join me tomorrow for another cup of Go-Go Juice. And, could someone bring some extra tissues? Just in case…

Have a bright and sunny day!

No comments:

Post a Comment