Monday, March 15, 2010

Time For Go-Go Juice! - Live Your Career by Heart and Soul!

Rise and Shine - it's another new week to tackle with lot's of Go-Go Juice! Ok, I have to ask, am I the only one who gets screwed up with Daylight Savings? I must have set and re-set my clocks twice either putting myself an hour ahead or two hours ahead...I think I'm finally on time. Some quick announcements: My operations blog is up and running: Victoria's Hospitality Operations and More! This week, the topic features Raising RevPar and next week I discuss Labor! So go check it out! The blog will also feature hospitality websites that I have used for years regarding solid companies who really know the business. On other notes, my two girls went to the auditions in Columbus and Rachelle, my 16 year old, was selected as a gal with talent and a look that they believe the entertainment industry wants! She was so excited - however, due to booking and planning, we're going to back out of going to Florida for their 5 day seminar. Although it would get her in front of leading NY and Los Angeles TV/Movie agents, we all agree, now is not the time. We're gonna finish school first then we can put some focus into a possible future in acting and modeling. But boy, did it raise her self-esteem! Good job, Rachelle! I bet you noticed I didn't write yesterday, (Sunday) as I will be taking one day a week to rest and catch up on other business. However, I should have posted that. I apologize to those of you who came by to visit - and I thank you for doing so. Today's message is inspired by words written by Naisha Sarin from my LinkedIn website. Everyone had an opportunity to post "The Best HR Advice in 6 Words or Less" - Ms. Sarin wrote, "Live Your Career by Heart and Soul!" Doesn't that say it all? In my blog from Saturday, I expressed how I love what I do - this is what I meant. When you consider how much time you spend at work - you truly "live" there. If your heart and soul does not sing at what you do, truly seek new opportunities. If you feel this is "easier said than done" and you're not in a situation that will allow you to do this, then find some value that can be your inspiration and latch onto that until you're able to do so. I also encourage you to contact me via email if you would like me to help you evaluate your career. Have a wonderful day and make it a productive one! Time for a re-fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment