Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Time For Go-Go Juice! - Bridge Over Waters Can Be a Sight-Seeing Adventure!

Stepping out onto my porch, my eyes gazed upon the sun beams illuminating the hazy mist that emanated from the wooden rails and surroundings as droplets of water descended to the ground from an evening of rain. What a picturesque moment and wondrous chance to witness the beauty and awe of nature’s goodness. Good Morning. Well, it is no doubt time for a large cup of fully leaded Go-Go Juice, having had a very long, yet productive day yesterday. While the trip went well, I have to add one more issue revolving around “transferring” to airplanes as I described yesterday. Here is why it is important to read the airport’s schedule boards frequently when traveling. As I transferred in Houston, my plane parked in Gate E18. By my ticket, I had to walk to gate E9 which, was at least in the same corridor, but I walked a “horseshoe of a mile” to get to E9. However, once at E9, I learned that my New Orleans trip had turned into Montrose, Colorado. Huh? Last minute airline change, my transfer plane was to depart from gate C23. That’s right – way across the other side of the airport. However, to my fortune, Houston Airport has bubbly happy-go-lucky cart drivers willing and able to whisk you away and by drive you to where you need to go. So, I got an unprecedented tour of the airport. Very nice! And my feet were very thankful. With that said, meetings went well! I met a very nice Asian couple who again, give me reasons to why I love my job. New to my industry of hotels, they were all ears to hear ideas and ways to help them with a new investment. For me being new to New Orleans, what’s with all the bridges? And, there’s one bridge that crosses a rather huge body of water – you definitely want know where you’re going – it’s a hoot if you get on it by accident ‘cause there’s nowhere to turn around if it’s not the direction you wanted to go! LOL. So, I’m back in Ohio – which brings me to another quick topic to mention since the issues of jobs are on my plate. Ohio has now surpassed the national average of unemployment. As of February, the unemployment rate jumped up to 10.9%, whereas the national average in February was at 9.7%. Plus, the Labor Department in Washington reported that Ohio employers cut over 651,000 jobs last month. If you’re like me, striving to find the next opportunity, don’t feel alone. Be tough, be diligent, and be patient. You might want to get entrepreneurial too. See if there’s a service or product you can sell that people are in need of at a valued price they can afford. However, if the state’s government doesn’t lend a hand soon to potential employers and people with the right spirit to begin the creation of desperately needed new jobs and businesses, then the state will remain at risk of families and individuals willing to flee the state. That’s a huge loss of revenue. I highly recommend that if you live in Ohio – be voice for change! Hang in there and have a truly amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment